Queso Fresco Parsley Biscuits
By: Reima
2 to 4 large handfuls of Curly Leaf Parsley
5-8 oz Queso Fresco
1 egg
2 pkgs of biscuits (or homemade biscuit dough)
*Parsley and Cheese are eyeballed so it's up to you to make the ratio of Parsley to Cheese; use to your liking.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You will need ungreased pans (or for cleanliness, you can use foil).
2. Take the biscuit rolls apart and place each 1 inch apart on your ungreased sheet. Flatten each biscuit gently with the palm of your hand. Set aside.
3. Roughly chop parsley and place into a bowl. Crumble the cheese into the bowl.
4. Add the egg to the bowl and gently mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Scoop the parsley-cheese mixture onto the biscuits. Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes. Enjoy warm.
I grew up on these and I just love them. The combination of the slightly acidic queso fresco with the flavorful crisp and clean parsley is flawless. I can honestly say these biscuits are one of the few things I can't have self control over. After you have one, you'll definitely find it hard to pass on another one or two. Try these out on family and friends. I know you'll love them.
Bring something new to the table.
No comments:
Post a Comment