Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Baby Shower Cake

Here is the cake that I made for the surprise baby shower that I threw for a teacher at work last week:



I'll be honest and say that the cake did not end up looking the way I wanted it to and I realized that making a cake like this takes more work! Of course everyone said it was beautiful and they loved it as is. I have decided to just stick to cupcakes, regular 2-3 layer cakes, fun design cakes, and if I do decide to make a certain # tier cake, it'll be separated, not put together.

I made 3 different flavor cakes. The top layer was chocolate, then lemon, then white cake with sprinkles, and another layer of chocolate. I was going to make buttercream but the weather wasn't too cool that day and didn't want the frosting to melt, so I just stuck to making regular frosting. I dyed the frosting pink since the shower was for a baby girl, decorated each layer with white frosting decorations, and topped the cake with a baby rattle, two pacifiers, and pink sugar sprinkles.

The cake---was a success. Everyone loved it. The cake was perfectly moist, the frosting, just fantastic, and every plate I saw was pretty much clean. In fact, the first thing I overheard when I walked through the doors at work the next day were a couple of coworkers talking about the cake and how much they loved it. No lie! That is a compliment.

I guess maybe I am too much into food and they just like eating whatever they see. A foodie I am. :)

***Sadly we got the news a few days after the party that the adoption fell through. She would have adopted the baby next week. Very sad but she is still hopeful for a positive future and I believe luck will be on her side. She is a great mom. :)

4 comments:

AmberRose said...

wish i could have had a slice! hehe. luck will be on her side too! shes a great mom!

Reima said...

Yeah, I'm waiting for you to be done with Laila so you can eat normal food since I'm assuming it is because of her allergies. I'm glad you were able to come though!

Baby Games said...

Wow it looks yummy, what on in the top of the cake, i see the other design like pacifier. the others not clear.
_________________
Mickey Buarao

Reima said...

There are the two pacifiers on the left and right and a baby rattle that I stuck through the middle of a pink teether. :)

Foodie LoVe

Backpacker LoVe