So I came home the other day after my Physical Fitness class to something that I have never seen in my household. Ever. I don't know how to put it out there better than how my teenage sister put it: "It's balls... on a MALE lamb!" Teenagers these days...
Yes, you read right. This was in my kitchen. At first I was in shock, but then, knowing my randomness, I wanted to try it! So I did. They were cut up, fortunately, because I don't think I could have ate them as is, and just sauteed them in vegetable oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Simple as that.
So my mom finds my random ways odd. Apparently I'll eat anything that I can get my hands on, which is so not true! ;) I did not eat the ants that I was told to try recently in the Amazon. I got stung by 3 of them last year in Brazil and it wasn't a pleasant feeling at all! So there, I do have my limits! And this comes from the person who bought these and likes them as well! I get it from her.
What I thought? Not bad at all. Soft and easy to eat. Too easy. Practically melts in your mouth. Would I do it again? Sure, why not. Once in a while is fine. Apparently it is normal to eat this in the Middle East, as in other countries in the Eastern Hemisphere, so I don't find this gross at all. I encourage all those picky eaters out there to try this! I tricked my other sister into trying it and the look on her face was priceless! (I get my joking side, no doubt, from my dad.) She liked it, but it was just funny to make her try it first, not knowing what it was. She loves me still. So now, I say just DO it and give it a go.



3 comments:
Uuuuuuuummmmm; fried, maybe. Then again, maybe not. I can't be sure unless an' until I'm faced with tryin' 'em. I'm sorry, but I do not like how they look, saute`ed. Since I love fried (ocean) oysters, I'm guessin' I just might like these... fried.
~ Yaya
You are brave! I hear they are delicacies in parts of the world. I've tried brain but that's as daring as I've been :).
Nice to find you BF!
Yaya: It really doesn't have an odd taste to it. It kind of looks and somewhat tastes like undercooked liver. Yeah, I can see that it could have been a little crispier but that's okay! You may like it fried and I think you should try it! I'm not much of a frying type of girl. I don't even fry my own french fries! Let me know how it goes if you do give it a try!
Unplanned Cooking: Quite a few countries eat this as an everyday thing so I don't feel weird trying this at all. I'd like to try brain! How was that?
Post a Comment