Saturday, July 17, 2010

Green Guacamole

I was in the mood for some salsa the other day but realized that I was out of tomatoes. Bummer! So I looked through my fridge and found some avocados and decided to make an all green guacamole. The color isn't too appealing because well, it's all green, but the taste is just great and of course, more important! I actually made a mistake too which I find quite laughable. I thought I was adding pepper to the guacamole but realized that I could not taste the pepper and after looking at the container, I saw that it was ground mustard! Oh goodness! That's what happens when you wake up at 5:00am everyday for work! I have been a little tired this summer, so don't blame me! Anyway, here is the recipe. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures because I was hungry, but just it being guacamole, you know it'll be good!

Green Guacamole

2 small to medium sized avocados
1 cucumber
Small handful of flat leaf parsley
2 garlic cloves (Cause I love my garlic!)
1/2 of a lemon (or lime)
Eyeball Salt, to taste
Eyeball Ground Mustard, to taste
Ground Pepper, optional :)

Scoop out the avocado, smash it up a little to make it chunky, and add the remainder ingredients. Serve alongside homemade corn tortilla chips. Yum!

2 comments:

A. Rizzi said...

parsley? Not cilantro? Italian Guacamole?! only Reima. hehe.

Reima said...

Parsley was all I had! My poor empty kitchen! I didn't really use a lot of it, just a hint and it worked! definitely only me :)

Foodie LoVe

Backpacker LoVe