Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chiba-licious!

Just went to Chiba restaurant in N. Hollywood over the weekend. Sushi there--absolutely fantastic! Very fresh and fast. The only setback is the location. Not in a very safe looking location but as someone put it on Yelp, "If you're intimidated by the neighborhood just go somewhere else, so I can have more elbow room at one of the two packed sushi bars!" or I say go so there are more parking spaces! I'm holding this restaurant high up there with the best I've had so far in my young life because I left with a very happy stomach, it better be because the prices there are ridiculous, and because the highlight of that evening was: Sea Urchin! Yes, I believe I wrote something in one of my first blog entries about not liking sea urchin, but as I encourage everyone to try things more than once, I did the same and I am so glad I did because I absolutely loved it! My thoughts have changed and it's actually quite funny because all I've been dreaming about the past couple days (besides Ecuador!) is Sea Urchin! Anyway, here are the highlights of the evening:

















*Sushi in order: Full plate of sushi, Blue Fin Tuna, Salmon, Spanish Mackerel, Baked Scallop Hand Roll, Sweet Shrimp, Fried Shrimp, Sea Bream, Yellowtail, Unagi, Sunset Strip Roll, Sea Urchin, a second order of Sea Bream and Sea Urchin, and the Highlight of the Evening!*

I give Chiba 4 1/2 hearts: ♥♥♥♥1/2. Nice atmosphere, friendly and fast service, fresh sushi, and left not feeling like I had a heavy stomach; very light. The only reason why it wasn't a 5 was the price! Very expensive. Almost didn't want to order anything! Bill came out to $100. I have never gone that close to spending that kind of money at a sushi place by myself or with friends. Little over triple the amount I usually spend and the places I go to are quite good. For the amount of money spent and sushi ordered, it doesn't really add up equally but I guess this comes with fresh sushi so I really have no complaints at all. This is a WOW, that's how much everything totaled out too! Would I go back with the friends? Yes I would. Wouldn't make it a habit of course but once in a while is fine with the group!

No comments:

Foodie LoVe

Backpacker LoVe