Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sean's Cafe, Venice Beach Boardwalk, and the Factory

So yesterday, in the middle of January, I decided to stroll the Venice Beach Boardwalk for some good eats and the usual fun you have when being in this area. An area like no other in California! The vibe of Venice Beach has had me since the age of 16, so I may be way too familiar with this area!

So starting off is my favorite hamburger joint in Southern California, Sean's Cafe, which also made my list for the best in 2009: (2009: Through My Mouth)

If you are looking for a simple burger, this is definitely the place. The ingredients are so fresh. The fries remind me of home. And this is the ONLY hamburger I feel that I can eat and not feel gross afterwards.

Sean's Cafe is located on the boardwalk in the Gingerbread Court.





I was happy to see they finally opened up a room and you are now able to eat inside. Perfect for those days when it is too chilly to eat outside. Oh and my other personal reason...not having to be near all the bees that are outside and hanging out with the plants in that little shopping center!




There are so many different options to choose from here, including many hot and cold drinks that I hear are just fantastic and unusual. I just stuck to my usual hamburger combo for my purpose of showing you the best Venice has to offer!


So this is when you take your tray that holds your goodness together and grab a table outside the cafe. And then, of course, I saw the bees and decided to take this inside!

Much better!


Look at that hamburger! Loving the fresh tomato, onions, and arugula! Simple, yet so satisfying. Oh and I chose to indulge in this without the Thousand Island dressing and mayo that they use to flavor their burgers. I believe a good burger doesn't need all that excess stuff.


And those fries. The best fries I have ever had. Can't really describe why that is so you're going to have to try it out for yourself.

I give Sean's Cafe 4 hearts: ♥♥♥♥. It would have been 5 but there are only two things I must say about this place. One, it is slightly expensive here, though not as expensive as other eats on the boardwalk. You pay a total of $7.21 just for a hamburger, french fries, and a drink. And second, service is slow. You do have to wait awhile before your goodness is ready. Other than those two things, I do recommend you check out Sean's Cafe on the Venice Beach Boardwalk.

Oh and for you ladies.......the owners are Australian! Sexy Australian accents! OoOoOoOoh!

Other enjoyments on the Venice Beach Boardwalk...











This guy is so awesome! You're lucky if he comes up to you and seranades you and I guess embarassing at the same time, speaking from experience (waaaay back in 2002)! He especially likes to do that for the couples that he sees on the boardwalk.


What Venice is also known for. Lacey got two tragus piercings. You can ask my hand how she felt. She nearly broke it squeezing so hard!


Ended up with a few hair accessories that Lacey made me promise to wear!

On the way back, we decided to make a quick stop at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Lacey got the Fettucini Alfredo with Chicken and Sun-dried tomatoes and I stuck to two small appetizers--the Beets with Goat Cheese and Ahi Tartare.

Beets with Goat Cheese

Fresh Beets, Goat Cheese, Apples, Baby Arugula, and Pecans tossed with a Citrus Vinegrette. Fresh, wonderful, and the perfect amount. I definitely would get again.

Ahi Tartare

Raw Tuna with Avocado and a Soy-Ginger Sesame Sauce; topped off with fresh Ginger. I preferred this without the chips that were served along with the Tartare. I loved this as well and would get again.

Around $10 for both dishes; great deal! A good day spent at the beach and at the Cheesecake Factory.

No comments:

Foodie LoVe

Backpacker LoVe