If Indian food is that good, I think I would like to go to India sooner than later!
My friend Nicole and I checked out Tandoori Grill yesterday to see what it is all about. And the fact I decided that I am no longer going to those restaurants that offer the same things everyday. I think I'd rather go to the restaurants that offer only one cuisine than a mix. I think it gives you the opportunity to try out new things and familiarize yourself more with that particular cuisine. And just the fact that the food is better too!
So this is how our dinner went...
Started off with a wonderful basket full of PAPADUM! Made up of Lentils flour with spices.

Here we have the lovely dipping sauces (clockwise from top left): Pickled turnips and carrots, Raita (Made up of yogurt, cilantro, cumin, mint, cayenne pepper, and garlic), and a sweet dipping sauce. I've never really been a fan of pickled turnips, the Raita was full of flavor, but the mint was a little overpowering, and I actually really enjoyed the sweet dipping sauce. Sweet, but not too sweet. We dipped our Papadum into the different accompaniments.

So while we were looking through the menu, we decided on ordering Garlic Naan. It's a leavened flatbread topped with garlic and herbs. It was good. And the fact that I knew I was going on a walk after didn't make me feel guilty at all after snacking on all that Papadum and Naan!

After looking through the menu, I realized I was having a hard time deciding on what I wanted to order! Not that it was hard to choose something because they didn't have variety, but because they have too much variety and I wanted it all! I went back and forth with the Tandoori Chicken, Achari Lamb Chops, Tandoori Prawn, Lamb Rogan Josh, Lamb Shahi Korma, Lamb Tikka Masala, Garlic Prawn, and everything with Prawn in it!
After a little deliberation, I decided to go with the Lamb Tikka Masala...AND WOW, I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE! It was so delectable, so savory, so loving, made to perfection, and made my heart and my stomach VERY happy! One thing I'd like to point out is that it was not spicy at all, which I rather enjoyed being able to really take in the flavors of the dish. The lamb is cooked in tomato curry full of herbs and spices. Nicole tried it and loved it as well.

Nicole easily went with the Yellow Dal Tarka, a Vegetarian dish. She thoroughly enjoyed it. I tried it but found it to be quite spicy--too spicy for my taste. But it wasn't bad at all. It also came with rice, so we shared the rice for both dishes.


Prices are very reasonable. Service is wonderful and friendly. The atmosphere is chic, but gives you the feeling of openness to family and everyone who walks through their doors. I give it 5 hearts ♥♥♥♥♥. If you aren't able to fly over to India now, I really suggest going to the Tandoori Grill for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment